Monday, May 30, 2011

First Offical Weekend of Summer

Last Thursday was my last day of school! Classroom all cleaned up, put away (except one box), and ready for next year, it felt really good on Friday to walk way and say all done. Now I'm a reading pen pal with 25 students, should be interesting to see how many postcards I get this summer.

We went to the cabin this weekend wish the weather would have been like it is right now. Sun is out hardly a cloud in the sky the wind is a little much but I can deal with it :) It was so nice not to have to worry about cleaning and laundry not to mention work and classes at MSU. Just hang with the family -- Perfect! Got out on the lake for a few boat rides, cards, sat by the fire and bean bags, just a nice quite weekend.

Summer will start for Cody on Friday, that gives me 4 days at home with Payten to spring clean the house from top to bottom and organize the scrapbook room. Once Cody is home from school I have to finish Hannah's scrapbooks and do a few boards for her graduation party on the 12th. I can wait to say so long to Hannah's scrapbooks. Its a lot of work doing life books and skating books for her for the last 18 years. Hannah will have to take that job over for herself.

Oh I'm on the deck typing away, I just ask Cody what was that ...... he said a goose just pooped on the deck, right on the other side of the fire pit. Not sure its safe to be out here?

Did I tell all of you that I'm taking classes at MSU? Only 4 more to go and on to student teaching for my Special Education License. I'm taking 2 of them this summer, one of them for 8 days and then the other class meets on Wednesdays for 5 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting 2 more out of the way and not having balancing work at the same time.

See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment