Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Bunny Day!!

Easter traditions!!! What did you do for Easter when you were a child? Decorate eggs, look for hidden plastic eggs, go to Grandma's for dinner! Well as a very young child we would go to my god parents house to decorate Easter eggs -- the real dye, I still look back at pictures and can remember those nights. As this tradition ended it was because life got to busy, what did we do to "Save" time. You know the plastic wrap that you put over the egg, put it into boiling water for 10 seconds. The total time it takes to do a dozen eggs is 5 minutes. I sat and teased my mother about the plastic wrap eggs today -- as my mom, Cody and I did there eggs. Cody was laughing at me, he just couldn't believe that's what we did. They did dye eggs for the first time in years. It was fun.

So last night we did our Easter eggs. This was the first year I really was able to watch and let Cody just go for it. Things stayed clean and he did lose interested after 5 eggs. It was a lot of fun. Payten didn't get to do her own eggs but she watched and did a wonderful job smiling at the camera.


Cody has really figured out how to make his little sister smile. He has this little Easter song he'll sing to her and she will smile away at him. We are going to my parents house for dinner on Sunday. Then we will celebrate with the Otto Family later that day. Lots of fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment